Tour of Amman and Ein Karem in 12 days and 11 nights
Discover the charm of two ancient lands on a 12-day trip that combines Jordan’s breathtaking scenery with Israel’s spiritual riches. Every step, from the rose-red city of Petra to the timeless grandeur of Jerusalem’s Old City, bears witness to the rich tapestry of history, culture, and faith. Join us on a memorable journey designed to immerse you in the heart and spirit of these extraordinary sites.
Day 1: Amman Arrival
Meet and assist at Amman Queen Alia International Airport, then transfer to your accommodation.
Day 2: Amman – Jerash – Amman
This morning, take a visit to Jerash (Gerasa of antiquity), formerly known as the area of Gilead and referred to in the Bible as the Gerasenes‘ region.
It was part of the Roman Decapolis and is sometimes referred to as the Pompei of the East, and visit its theatres, temples, churches, and colonnaded streets, then drive to Amman, visiting the Roman Theatre, Citadel, Archaeology, and Folklore Museums, then drive to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Amman – Madaba – Nebo – Kerak – Petra
After breakfast, go to Madaba to see the renowned mosaic map of Jerusalem and the Holy Land. Your next destination will be Mount Nebo, where you will be able to see the Holy Land and the Dead Sea, and if the sky is clear, Jerusalem, Jericho, and Bethlehem will be visible.
The tour will continue via the King’s Highway, up to Karak Castle, where Saladin and Richard Lionheart battled during the crusade, and finally to Petra for supper and overnight.
Day 4: Petra
A spectacular day awaits us as we explore the numerous sights of Petra, the city cut into the rose-red mountains by the Nabateans and lost to civilization until rediscovered by the Swiss Burkhardt. Overnight Petra, go through the Siq, a tiny and twisting fissure between the cliffs, to reach the Treasury, the Roman Theatre, the Courts, Qasr Bint, Qasr Pharaoh, Temple of the Winged Lion, and other incredible sites.
Day 5: Petra -Little Petra – Shobak Castle – Dana
In the morning there will be a visit to Little Petra then visit the castle of Shobak, during the crusades period it was known as Mons Realis, since it was the first castle established by the kingdom of Jerusalem, at the other side of the river Jordan.
Then drive to the village of Dana which offers an excellent view of the Dana Nature Reserve, then back to Petra for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6: Petra – Wadi Rum – Amman
Today we travel south to Wadi Rum, the land of Lawrence of Arabia, for a jeep safari excursion, and if time allows, we may stop at
Aqaba, Jordan’s sole coastal city, before returning to Amman along the old Desert Highway.
Day 7: Sheikh Hussein Bridge - Tiberias
We will stop at Nazareth to see the Church of the Annunciation, St. Joseph’s Home, the Synagogue, and St. Mary’s Well. Spend the afternoon climbing Mount Tabor. On the way back to Tiberias, we stop to see Cana of Galilee. We spend the night in Tiberias.
Day 8: Tiberias - Jerusalem
Tour the holy sites surrounding Lake Tiberias this morning, including the Mount of Beatitudes, Capernaum, St. Peter’s Home, the Primacy of St. Peter, and Tabgha. Take a boat ride along the river.
Day 9: Jerusalem – Bethlehem
Visit Bethlehem and the Church of the Nativity, the Milk Grotto, and the Shepherds Field in the morning. Visit Gethsemane, Mary’s Tomb, the Mount of Olives, Pater Noster, and Bethany before returning to Jerusalem. In Jerusalem, spend the night.
Day 10: Jerusalem
Explore Jerusalem’s Old City, featuring the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque, as well as the Cardo and the Western Wall. In the afternoon, we will visit St. Anne’s, Ecce Homo, the Via Dolorosa, and the Holy Sepulcher. We will spend the night in Jerusalem.
Day11: Jerusalem – Ein Karem
After breakfast, go to Mount Zion to see the Cenacle and Dormition Abbey. Stop by the souk for some souvenir shopping. In the afternoon, we go to Ein Karem and the Visitation and St. John Churches. Our bus takes us through Jerusalem‘s New City. In Jerusalem, spend the night.
Day12: Departure Jerusalem
Depart with cherished memories, cultural insights, and a sense of spiritual connection after reflecting on your transforming tour through Amman and Jerusalem.
Amman Citadel, Roman Theatre, Rainbow Street, Jerash. Jerusalem, UNESCO World Heritage Site, Via Dolorosa, Western Wall, Dome of the Rock, Garden of Gethsemane, Church of All Nations, Church of the Holy Sepulcher, Mount of Olives, Church of St. Mary Magdalene.
The program includes:
- Pickup from and drop off.
- Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- 11 – night accommodation
The program does not include:
- Personal travel Insurance expenses.
- Tips / gratuities.
- Visas Fees and departure tax.
- Government tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), or compulsory charges introduced after publication.
- Optional excursions and activities (are subject to availability).
- Any beverages with meals, unless mentioned and upon request.
- Carriages and camel rides.
- Extra costs due to unanticipated changes in the itinerary for reasons beyond our control.
- Any other items not listed in the “includes”.
- Optional activities are subject to availability.
- Optional private or onsite local guides.
- Guides in languages other than English are available upon request and subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles are available upon request
The itinerary may change due to unanticipated circumstances, factors beyond our control, or at the guide’s discretion.
- Staying Healthy
- The time frame for this tour is approximate and subject to change according to the client’s preference.
- The tour itinerary is subject to change due to factors beyond our control and event of unforeseen circumstances or at the guide’s discretion.
- In the event of an increase in fuel prices, Via Jordan Travel & Tours reserves the right to raise the prices for its services without prior notice.
- Optional excursions and activities are subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles available upon request.
- Copies of your passports are required in advance to issue port permits (if needed).
- You need to take your passport or a good quality photocopy of it with you.
- Reservations made less than 20 working days before the start of the service may be subject to change.
- Your booking is confirmed only upon the provision of 50% prepayment.
- Using sufficient amount of sun protection lotion is essential for avoiding sun burn.