The Cultural Tour of Jordan
Indulge in the enchanting tapestry of Jordan’s rich cultural heritage by embarking on a transforming trip and immersing yourself in the riches that await on our tirelessly prepared Cultural Tour of Jordan.
Day 1: A hearty welcome
Your incredible vacation begins when we gladly greet you from any place in Jordan and take you to the exciting metropolis of Amman. Prepare to be enveloped by the bright spirit of the city as you relax into your overnight hotel, the ideal base for the experiences that await you. The intriguing layers of Amman’s cultural tapestry.
Day 2: Amman and Desert Castles
As we begin on an interesting city tour, immerse yourself in the heart of Jordan’s capital. Discover the Amman Citadel, a beautiful hilltop castle with panoramic views and ancient riches from the city’s illustrious past. Explore the treasures of the Archeological and Jordanian Museums, where popular customs and folklore are brought to life.
Our voyage continues as we go to Jordan’s eastern desert, where three immaculately maintained desert castles await your discovery. The architectural beauty of Qasr Al-Harrana, the UNESCO-listed Qusayr Amra, and the history-steeped halls of Qasr al-Azraq, a black basalt castle that formerly served as Lawrence of Arabia’s headquarters during the Arab Revolt are all worth seeing. As the day comes to an end, we take you to your hotel in Amman, where you may unwind and contemplate.
Day 3: Jerash and Ajluon
Explore the ruins of ancient civilizations. After a light breakfast, we go to Jerash (Gerasa), a Roman Decapolis jewel known as the Pompeii of the East. Wander around its well-preserved theaters, temples, churches, and colonnaded streets, absorbing the echoes of a great past. We continue our journey by seeing the mighty Ajloun Castle, an Islamic military stronghold that bears testament to Jordan’s ancient past. Our final visit is in Umm Qais, a beautiful city made of black basalt. Enjoy the breathtaking vistas of Lake Tiberias and the Golan Heights before returning to Amman for a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 4: Madaba, Mt. Nebo, Dead Sea, Wadi Mujeeb, Karak
Begin our trek through time in Madaba. Discover the magnificent mosaic map of Jerusalem and the Holy Land within the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, a witness to old handmade creativity. Explore the fascinating Madaba Archaeological Park, where relics of ancient civilizations tell their story. Ascend Mount Nebo, following in Moses’ footsteps, and marvel at the stunning views of the Holy Land and the Dead Sea. If the sky is clear, you will be able to see Jerusalem, Jericho, and Bethlehem. We continue down the Kings Highway, passing through the breathtaking Wadi Mujeeb Canyon, also known as Jordan’s Grand Canyon. Before visiting the huge fortress that was the site of the fabled meetings between Saladin and Richard Lionheart during the Crusades, a stop in Karak enables travelers to have a mouth-watering meal. Finally, we take you to your accommodation in Petra, where excitement for the sights of the following day is still there.
Day 5: Petra
Experience the splendor of Petra, an ancient wonder that is vital to Jordan’s history. As you step through the little Siq, a doorway that leads to the famous Treasury, prepare yourself for an amazing adventure. Take a trip back in time with the wonders of the Nabatean Theater, the Royal Tombs, the Roman Road, the Great Temple, the Temple of the Winged Lion, and the Basin. We accompany you back to the main gate as the day comes to an end so that you may be taken to your accommodation in Petra, where dreams and reality collide.
Day 6: Little Petra and Wadi Rum
Let’s see Little Petra’s hidden treasures and the stunning vistas of Wadi Rum. Begin your day with a trip to Beer Al Arayes, the Markets, and the magical Siq Al Bareed within Little Petra, where you may learn about the mysteries of Nabatean Quest homes and Temples. From there, we continue on an exciting journey into the spectacular desert expanse of Wadi Rum. Discover the mysteries of Lawrence Spring, the enchanting Khazali Canyon, old inscriptions that carve tales of history, and the hypnotic sand dunes that reach to the horizon via 4X4. As the sun sets, we bring you to your Desert Camp in Wadi Rum, where an evening of peace and quiet awaits you.
Day 7: Dead Sea
Immerse yourself in Jordan’s natural beauty as we say goodbye to Wadi Rum and go to the famed Dead Sea. Enjoy the astonishing buoyancy of the mineral-rich waters while swimming and soaking in the healing benefits of the Dead Sea mud. Allow your environment to embrace you, producing a peaceful moment of harmony and well-being. As the day concludes, we transfer you to your hotel on the Dead Sea’s shores, where you may relish the final minutes of your incredible experience.
Day 8: Departure Amman
We bid you farewell as we drive you to Amman Queen Alia Airport at the conclusion of our time together, ensuring a seamless departure and leaving you with wonderful memories of your Jordan Cultural Tour.
For the rest of your life, may the essence of Jordan’s cultural heritage guide and illuminate you.
Amman, Amman Exploration, History, Fortresses, Dead Sea, Madaba, Nebo, Karak, Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Wadi Rum, Petra visitor center, The Siq, The Treasury, Facades Streets, The Theater, The Royal Tombs, Petra Church, The City Centre, Roman Road, Petra Basin.
The program includes:
- Pickup from any place in Jordan and drop off.
- Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- 7 – night accommodation
The program does not include:
- Personal travel Insurance expenses.
- Tips / gratuities.
- Government tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), or compulsory charges introduced after publication.
- Optional excursions and activities (are subject to availability).
- Any beverages with meals, unless mentioned and upon request.
- Carriages and camel rides.
- Extra costs due to unanticipated changes in the itinerary for reasons beyond our control.
- Any other items not listed in the “includes”.
- Optional activities are subject to availability.
- Optional private or onsite local guides.
- Guides in languages other than English are available upon request and subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles are available upon request
The itinerary may change due to unanticipated circumstances, factors beyond our control, or at the guide’s discretion.
- Staying Healthy
- The time frame for this tour is approximate and subject to change according to the client’s preference.
- The tour itinerary is subject to change due to factors beyond our control and event of unforeseen circumstances or at the guide’s discretion.
- In the event of an increase in fuel prices, Via Jordan Travel & Tours reserves the right to raise the prices for its services without prior notice.
- Optional excursions and activities are subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles available upon request.
- Copies of your passports are required in advance to issue port permits (if needed).
- You need to take your passport or a good quality photocopy of it with you.
- Reservations made less than 20 working days before the start of the service may be subject to change.
- Your booking is confirmed only upon the provision of 50% prepayment.
- Using sufficient amount of sun protection lotion is essential for avoiding sun burn.