Day Trip to Madaba, Nebo, and Petra
|Are you ready to go on a journey through history and culture?|
Join us for a wonderful day excursion from Amman to Madaba, Nebo, and Petra!
Our tour begins in Madaba, renowned as the “City of Mosaics”. You may view the historic mosaics that adorn the city, including the renowned 6th-century mosaic map of Jerusalem and the Holy Land. You’ll also go to St. George’s Church, which has a beautiful mosaic floor representing biblical events.
We’ll then go to Mount Nebo, where Prophet Moses is said to have viewed the Promised Land. You’ll get the opportunity to tour the old monastery atop the mountain, which provides stunning views of the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.
Lastly, we’ll go to Petra, the “Rose City,” which is one of the world’s most famous ancient sites. You’ll travel through the Siq, a tiny canyon surrounded by high cliffs, to reach the Treasury, one of Petra’s most famous and photographed landmarks. You’ll also have the chance to see other famous sites in Petra, such as the Royal Tombs.
You will be escorted throughout the day by a qualified guide who will offer historical and cultural context for all of the places you see. We will also offer transportation, admission to all places, and a fantastic lunch at a local restaurant.
Don’t pass up your chance to visit some of Jordan’s most spectacular attractions.
Plan your day excursion today!
7:00 a.m. – Pick-up from your Amman hotel
Our tour guide will pick you up from your Amman hotel and take you to Madaba.
Madaba – 8:00 a.m.
We’ll arrive at Madaba, where you may examine the historic mosaics of the city, including the renowned 6th-century mosaic map of Jerusalem and the Holy Land. We’ll also go to St. George’s Church, which has a beautiful mosaic floor representing biblical events.
Mount Nebo at 09:00 a.m.
We’ll then travel to Mount Nebo, where Moses is said to have viewed the Promised Land. You’ll get the opportunity to tour the old monastery atop the mountain, which provides stunning views of the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.
Petra at 1:00 p.m.
Following lunch, we’ll go to Petra, the “Rose City,” one of the world’s most famous archaeological sites. You’ll travel through the Siq, a tiny canyon surrounded by high cliffs, to reach the Treasury, one of Petra’s most famous and photographed landmarks. You’ll also have the chance to see other famous sites in Petra, such as the Royal Tombs.
03:00 p.m. – Lunch
We’ll have a delightful lunch of traditional Jordanian food at a nearby restaurant.
Return to Amman at 7:00 p.m.
We’ll travel back to Amman and drop you off at your hotel after a busy day of exploration.
Our schedule is subject to change due to traffic and other reasons, but we will always try our best to make your day trip from Amman to Madaba, Nebo, and Petra memorable and entertaining.
Madaba, Nebo, Holy Land, St. George’s Church, Moses, Promised Land, Petra visitor center, The Siq, The Treasury, Facades Street, The Theater, The Royal Tombs, Petra Church, The City Centre, Roman Road, Petra Basin.
Private tours with English-speaking guides are arranged and set at any date and time and anybody can book it. French, German, Spanish, and Russian-speaking guides are subject to request and availability.
The program includes:
- Meet and pick up from your lodging.
- Transfers by modern a / c vehicles .
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- A bottle of mineral water for each person inside the vehicle.
- Services of English-speaking guide.
The program does not include:
- Personal travel Insurance expenses.
- Tips / gratuities.
- Government tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), or compulsory charges introduced after publication.
- Optional excursions and activities (are subject to availability).
- Any beverages with meals, unless mentioned and upon request.
- Carriages and camel rides.
- Extra costs due to unanticipated changes in the itinerary for reasons beyond our control.
- Any other items not listed in the “includes”.
- Optional activities are subject to availability.
- Optional private or onsite local guides.
- Guides in languages other than English are available upon request and subject to availability.
- In winter, the weather in Amman, Mt. Nebo & Petra can be cold, therefor warm clothing is required.
- In order to protect oneself from the intense summer heat, you should use caps, sunscreen lotion, and loose, cool clothing.
Petra is spread across a large area at various locations and altitudes, so good walking shoes are required.
This excursion requires at least 4 kilometers of walking.
The itinerary may change due to unanticipated circumstances, factors beyond our control, or at the guide’s discretion.
- Staying Healthy
- The time frame for this tour is approximate and subject to change according to the client’s preference.
- The tour itinerary is subject to change due to factors beyond our control and event of unforeseen circumstances or at the guide’s discretion.
- In the event of an increase in fuel prices, Via Jordan Travel & Tours reserves the right to raise the prices for its services without prior notice.
- Optional excursions and activities are subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles available upon request.
- Copies of your passports are required in advance to issue port permits (if needed).
- You need to take your passport or a good quality photocopy of it with you.
- Reservations made less than 20 working days before the start of the service may be subject to change.
- Your booking is confirmed only upon the provision of 50% prepayment.
- Using sufficient amount of sun protection lotion is essential for avoiding sun burn.