Day Tour to Petra and Wadi Rum from Amman
Set out from Amman on an incredible day trip to two of Jordan’s most renowned sites: Petra and Wadi Rum!
You’ll be picked up from your Amman hotel in the early morning and driven across the Jordanian countryside to Petra.
When you arrive in Petra, you will be astounded by the ancient city’s beautiful sandstone rock formations and fascinating engravings.
You will be able to see the famed Treasury, Royal Tombs, and many more spectacular sites. Your tour guide will give intriguing information about the history and culture of this world-renowned archaeological site.
After your exploration of Petra, you’ll travel on to Wadi Rum, a large desert environment of breathtaking natural beauty. Here, you’ll go on a desert 4×4 jeep excursion, passing by towering sandstone cliffs and stunning rock formations.
You’ll also get to learn about the traditional Bedouin way of life and culture, as well as have a typical Bedouin meal in the middle of the desert.
Once the day comes to an end, you’ll return to Amman with memories of two of Jordan’s most breathtaking sites.
Don’t pass up this once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore Petra and Wadi Rum in an one day from Amman.
Book today to discover the enchantment of Jordan’s desert landscapes and ancient marvels.
- Begin early in the morning (about 6:00 AM) and drive south from Amman to Petra, which is around a 3-hour journey away.
- Arrive in Petra at 9:00 a.m. and spend around 4 hours visiting Petra’s spectacular city, including the renowned Treasury, the Monastery, and other incredible monuments cut into the sandstone cliffs. Your guide will provide intriguing insights into the history and culture of this UNESCO World Heritage Site with you.
- Lunch should be taken at a local restaurant in Petra.
- Leave Petra in the afternoon for Wadi Rum, which is around a 1.5-hour drive away.
- Arrive at the Wadi Rum Visitor Center and meet your Bedouin guide who will take you on a 2-hour 4×4 jeep tour of the desert.
- Take in the breathtaking views of the towering red sandstone cliffs and unusual rock formations while learning about Bedouin culture and way of life.
- In the middle of the desert, have a traditional Bedouin meal.
- Leave Wadi Rum in the late afternoon for Amman, which is a 4-hour journey away.
- Arrive in Amman in the evening, where you may unwind and dine at one of the city’s many restaurants.
Amman, Petra, Wadi Rum
Private tours with English-speaking guides are arranged and set at any date and time and anybody can book it. French, German, Spanish, and Russian-speaking guides are subject to request and availability.
The program includes:
- Meet and pick up from your hotel in Amman.
- Transfers by modern a / c vehicles .
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- A bottle of mineral water for each person inside the vehicle.
- Services of English-speaking guide.
The program does not include:
- Personal travel Insurance expenses.
- Tips / gratuities.
- Government tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), or compulsory charges introduced after publication.
- Optional excursions and activities (are subject to availability).
- Any beverages with meals, unless mentioned and upon request.
- Carriages and camel rides.
- Extra costs due to unanticipated changes in the itinerary for reasons beyond our control.
- Any other items not listed in the “includes”.
- Optional activities are subject to availability.
- Optional private or onsite local guides.
- Guides in languages other than English are available upon request and subject to availability.
- In winter, the weather can be cold, therefor warm clothing is required.
- From the summer sun, you need to protect yourself with hats, sunscreen lotion, loose and cool clothes in summer.
Petra is spread across a large area at various locations and altitudes, so good walking shoes are required.
A reasonable amount of walking is required.
The itinerary may change due to unanticipated circumstances, factors beyond our control, or at the guide’s discretion.
- Staying Healthy
- The time frame for this tour is approximate and subject to change according to the client’s preference.
- The tour itinerary is subject to change due to factors beyond our control and event of unforeseen circumstances or at the guide’s discretion.
- In the event of an increase in fuel prices, Via Jordan Travel & Tours reserves the right to raise the prices for its services without prior notice.
- Optional excursions and activities are subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles available upon request.
- Copies of your passports are required in advance to issue port permits (if needed).
- You need to take your passport or a good quality photocopy of it with you.
- Reservations made less than 20 working days before the start of the service may be subject to change.
- Your booking is confirmed only upon the provision of 50% prepayment.
- Using sufficient amount of sun protection lotion is essential for avoiding sun burn.