Day Tour to Mukawir, Madaba, Nebo and Dead Sea from Amman
See Jordan’s rich history and natural beauty on our Day Trip to Mukawir, Madaba, Nebo, and the Dead Sea.
Begin your day by seeing Mukawir, an old hilltop fortification where John the Baptist is said to have been imprisoned and executed.
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding area and envision living in ancient times.
Next, visit the adjacent village of Madaba, which is famous for its wonderfully maintained mosaics. Visit St. George’s Church, which houses the well-known Madaba Map, a sixth-century mosaic representing the Holy Land.
We’ll go from Madaba to Mount Nebo, where Moses is reputed to have viewed the Promised Land. Explore the church and monastery built on the site, as well as the magnificent views of the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.
Lastly, we’ll finish the day in the Dead Sea, the lowest place on the planet. Relax and float in the therapeutic salt waters, and then apply some of the famed Dead Sea mud to your skin.
You will be accompanied by an expert guide who will tell the history and tales of each place along the trip. We’ll also provide transportation in a nice, air-conditioned car, allowing you to relax and enjoy the ride.
Join us on a wonderful day tour to learn about Jordan’s intriguing history and natural beauties!
|Begin your day by departing from your accommodation in Amman and driving 1.5 hours to Mukawir.|
Investigate Mukawir’s mountaintop castle, where John the Baptist is claimed to have been imprisoned and killed.
Drive for roughly 30 minutes to Madaba.
See the famed Madaba Map, a sixth-century mosaic representing the Holy Land, at the Cathedral of St. George.
Drive to Mount Nebo, which is about a 15-minute drive away.
At the summit of Mount Nebo, where Moses is claimed to have viewed the Promised Land, take in panoramic views of the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.
Investigate the church and monastery that were erected on the site.
Drive to the Dead Sea.
Relax and float in the Dead Sea’s saline waters, which are famed for their healing effects. Let some of the famed Dead Sea mud to dry on your skin.
Lunch at a local restaurant Return to your Amman hotel in the late afternoon.
Remember that this itinerary is merely a guideline and may be altered to your liking. The travel times are estimations and may vary due to traffic and road conditions.
Amman, Dead Sea, Mukawir, Madaba.
Private tours with English-speaking guides are arranged and set at any date and time and anybody can book it. French, German, Spanish, and Russian-speaking guides are subject to request and availability.
The program includes:
- Meet and pick up from your hotel in Amman.
- Transfers by modern a / c vehicles .
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- A bottle of mineral water for each person inside the vehicle.
- Services of English-speaking guide.
The program does not include:
- Personal travel Insurance expenses.
- Tips / gratuities.
- Government tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), or compulsory charges introduced after publication.
- Optional excursions and activities (are subject to availability).
- Any beverages with meals, unless mentioned and upon request.
- Carriages and camel rides.
- Extra costs due to unanticipated changes in the itinerary for reasons beyond our control.
- Any other items not listed in the “includes”.
- Optional activities are subject to availability.
- Optional private or onsite local guides.
- Guides in languages other than English are available upon request and subject to availability.
- In winter, the weather in Amman can be cold, therefor warm clothing is required.
- From the summer sun, you need to protect yourself with hats, sunscreen lotion, loose and cool clothes in summer.
The Dead Sea is a saltwater lake in the Jordan Rift Valley, bounded to the east by Jordan and to the west by Israel and Palestine. The Dead Sea’s surface is around 430 meters (1,410 feet) below sea level, making it the lowest point on Earth’s land surface. The lake is roughly 67 kilometers (42 miles) long and 18 kilometers (11 miles) broad at its widest point, with a total area of 605 square kilometers (234 square miles).
A reasonable amount of walking is required.
The itinerary may change due to unanticipated circumstances, factors beyond our control, or at the guide’s discretion.
- Staying Healthy
- The time frame for this tour is approximate and subject to change according to the client’s preference.
- The tour itinerary is subject to change due to factors beyond our control and event of unforeseen circumstances or at the guide’s discretion.
- In the event of an increase in fuel prices, Via Jordan Travel & Tours reserves the right to raise the prices for its services without prior notice.
- Optional excursions and activities are subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles available upon request.
- Copies of your passports are required in advance to issue port permits (if needed).
- You need to take your passport or a good quality photocopy of it with you.
- Reservations made less than 20 working days before the start of the service may be subject to change.
- Your booking is confirmed only upon the provision of 50% prepayment.
- Using sufficient amount of sun protection lotion is essential for avoiding sun burn.