Madaba, Nebo and Karak from via the Kings Way
As we take you on a tour of Jordan’s fascinating history and breathtaking scenery, we will stop in Madaba, Nebo, and Karak
along the Kings Way.
Travel along the old Kings Way, which served as a major commerce route, to see some of Jordan’s most notable sights.
The renowned mosaic map of the Holy Land can be found at St. George’s Church in Madaba, known as the “City of Mosaics.”
You will also have the opportunity to visit nearby workshops and observe traditional mosaic-making techniques. We’ll then head to Mount Nebo, where you can get a bird’s-eye view of the Dead Sea and the Jordan Valley.
According to the Bible, Moses is said to have seen the Promised Land here before he died.
We’ll then travel down the Kings Road to Karak, a former Crusader fortress that has been converted into a historic castle. Explore the castle’s underground tunnels to see its amazing architecture and breathtaking views.
Our knowledgeable guide will provide fascinating insights into the history and culture of these locations.
You will also enjoy relaxing transportation and a sumptuous meal at a nearby restaurant.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to explore Jordan’s historic treasures and admire the scenic splendor of the Kings Way.
Schedule your tour today and prepare for an incredible adventure!
8:00 am – Pick up from your hotel in Amman or the Dead Sea and travel to Madaba through the Kings Way road.
10:30 am – Leave Madaba and travel to Mount Nebo.
11:00 am – As you get at Mount Nebo, you will be treated to panoramic views of the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea. Discover historic mosaics and antiques within the Franciscan monastery.
12:30 pm – Depart Mount Nebo and head to Karak.
1:30 pm – Explore the medieval Crusader castle of Karak. Enjoy the castle’s towers and underground corridors for their amazing architecture and vistas.
3:30 pm – Depart Karak and head back to Amman via the Kings Way.
5:00 pm – Drop you off at your hotel.
Please keep in mind that this schedule is subject to change according to traffic and other considerations. Your guide will do everything possible to make your day tour memorable and to see as much as possible.
Madaba, Nebo, and Karak, Kings Way, Holy Land, St. George’s Church, City of Mosaics, Dead Sea, Jordan Valley, Moses, Crusader fortress, historic castle.
Private tours with English-speaking guides are arranged and set at any date and time and anybody can book it. French, German, Spanish, and Russian-speaking guides are subject to request and availability.
The program includes:
- Meet and pick up from your hotel in Amman.
- Transfers by modern a / c vehicles .
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- A bottle of mineral water for each person inside the vehicle.
- Services of English-speaking guide.
The program does not include:
- Personal travel Insurance expenses.
- Tips / gratuities.
- Government tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), or compulsory charges introduced after publication.
- Optional excursions and activities (are subject to availability).
- Any beverages with meals, unless mentioned and upon request.
- Carriages and camel rides.
- Extra costs due to unanticipated changes in the itinerary for reasons beyond our control.
- Any other items not listed in the “includes”.
- Optional activities are subject to availability.
- Optional private or onsite local guides.
- Guides in languages other than English are available upon request and subject to availability.
- In winter, the weather in Amman can be cold, therefor warm clothing is required.
- From the summer sun, you need to protect yourself with hats, sunscreen lotion, loose and cool clothes in summer.
Madaba, Nebo and Karak sites are spread across a large area at various locations and altitudes, so good walking shoes are required.
A reasonable amount of walking is required.
The itinerary may change due to unanticipated circumstances, factors beyond our control, or at the guide’s discretion.
- Staying Healthy
- The time frame for this tour is approximate and subject to change according to the client’s preference.
- The tour itinerary is subject to change due to factors beyond our control and event of unforeseen circumstances or at the guide’s discretion.
- In the event of an increase in fuel prices, Via Jordan Travel & Tours reserves the right to raise the prices for its services without prior notice.
- Optional excursions and activities are subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles available upon request.
- Copies of your passports are required in advance to issue port permits (if needed).
- You need to take your passport or a good quality photocopy of it with you.
- Reservations made less than 20 working days before the start of the service may be subject to change.
- Your booking is confirmed only upon the provision of 50% prepayment.
- Using sufficient amount of sun protection lotion is essential for avoiding sun burn.