Day Tour to Desert Castles and Azraq Wetland
Are you up for a memorable and exciting day excursion from Amman? Join us on a tour of Jordan’s most intriguing attractions, the Desert Castles and the Azraq Wetland Reserve!
Our adventure begins with a stop to the Desert Castles, a collection of medieval fortifications and palaces in Jordan’s Eastern Desert. You will be able to visit the finely crafted fortresses erected during the Umayyad period in the 7th and 8th century. You’ll learn about the remarkable monuments’ rich Quseir Amra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is rich in history and architecture.
The next visit is Qasr Haraana, one of the area’s best-preserved and most stunning specimens of early Islamic art and architecture. The castle was erected in the 7th and 8th centuries during the Umayyad period and is notable for its exquisite patterns and decorations, including sculpted stucco, paintings, and stunning mosaic flooring.
Our next stop will be the Azraq Wetland Reserve, a unique oasis in the middle of the desert. This protected area is home to a variety of endangered bird species, including the Azraq Wetland Reserve, the world’s largest natural nesting site for the bird. You will be able to take a guided tour of the reserve and see the abundant flora and animals, including migratory species that visit the region at various periods of the year.
A knowledgeable guide will accompany you throughout the day, providing historical and cultural context for all of the sites you view. We will also provide transportation, entry to all locations, and a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Jordan’s fascinating Desert Castles and the breathtaking Azraq Wetland Reserve.
Make your reservation today!
|7:30 a.m. – Pick-up from your hotel.|
Our tour guide will pick you up from your Amman hotel and we will begin our drive to Jordan’s Eastern Desert.
Quseir Amra – 9:00 a.m.
We’ll arrive to Quseir Amra, one of the most significant and well-preserved “Desert Castles” in the area. You’ll be able to tour the castle’s various chambers and gardens, as well as its famed murals depicting events from ancient mythology and everyday life.
Quseir Haraana – 11:00 a.m.
Azraq Wetland Reserve – 1:00 PM
Lunch is at 2:00 PM.
Return back to your lodging at 4:00 p.m.
Our schedule is subject to change according to traffic and other reasons, but we will always try our best to ensure that you have a memorable and pleasurable time on our day tour from Amman to Quseir Amra, Quseir Haraana, and Azraq Wetland Reserve.
Amman, Quseir Amra, Desert Castles, Quseir Haraana, early Islamic art, Azraq Wetland Reserve.
Private tours with English-speaking guides are arranged and set at any date and time and anybody can book it. French, German, Spanish, and Russian-speaking guides are subject to request and availability.
The program includes:
- Meet and pick up from your hotel.
- Transfers by modern a / c vehicles .
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- A bottle of mineral water for each person inside the vehicle.
- Services of English-speaking guide.
The program does not include:
- Personal travel Insurance expenses.
- Tips / gratuities.
- Government tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), or compulsory charges introduced after publication.
- Optional excursions and activities (are subject to availability).
- Any beverages with meals, unless mentioned and upon request.
- Carriages and camel rides.
- Extra costs due to unanticipated changes in the itinerary for reasons beyond our control.
- Any other items not listed in the “includes”.
- Optional activities are subject to availability.
- Optional private or onsite local guides.
- Guides in languages other than English are available upon request and subject to availability.
- In winter, the weather in Amman can be cold, therefor warm clothing is required.
- From the scorching summer sun, you need to protect yourself with hats, sunscreen lotion, loose and cool clothes in summer.
Desert Castles are spread across a large area at various locations and altitudes, so good walking shoes are required.
A minimal amount of walking is required.
- Staying Healthy
- The time frame for this tour is approximate and subject to change according to the client’s preference.
- The tour itinerary is subject to change due to factors beyond our control and event of unforeseen circumstances or at the guide’s discretion.
- In the event of an increase in fuel prices, Via Jordan Travel & Tours reserves the right to raise the prices for its services without prior notice.
- Optional excursions and activities are subject to availability.
- Optional special private vehicles available upon request.
- Copies of your passports are required in advance to issue port permits (if needed).
- You need to take your passport or a good quality photocopy of it with you.
- Reservations made less than 20 working days before the start of the service may be subject to change.
- Your booking is confirmed only upon the provision of 50% prepayment.
- Using sufficient amount of sun protection lotion is essential for avoiding sun burn.